3DAYS for care
31.01 - 02.02.2023
"weil sich's cared"
There is an urgent need for action:
- 1/3 of the nursing staff in Austria will retire from the profession by 2030 due to age (1)
- According to the nursing staff demand forecast, ~75,700 more nursing staff will be needed in Austria by 2030 than in 2017 (1)
- 45 % of the health care and nursing staff in the hospital setting (N = 2470) interviewed in a study are thinking of leaving their profession - in Austria this is almost 28,000 people (2)
From 31 January to 2 February 2023, the "3DAYS for care" event occurred for the first time. Under the motto "because it cares", startups that want to secure future healthcare with innovative solutions met in Graz. The event was organised by TECHHOUSE and UNICORN - Startup and Innovation Hub to find solutions for the care sector.
For three days, we had the opportunity to exchange ideas with other start-ups, work together on our solutions and network.
The event was accompanied by keynote speeches, such as the one by "SteadySense", and various evening events. On the last evening, the stage was set for the start-ups for the last time. The start-ups were presented again in the final pitches, rounded off by a panel discussion with Rudolf Anschober (author and former Federal Minister), Dr Valerie Höllinger (Managing Director of Austrian Standards) and Elisabeth Potzmann (President ÖGKV).
An excellent buffet and a glass of wine provided the perfect end to the 3DAYS of care - because it takes care of itself.
(1) BMSGPK. (2019). Pflegepersonal-Bedarfsprognose für Österreich. https://broschuerenservice.sozialministerium.at/Home/Download?publicationId=722
(2) Gferer A. & Gferer N. (2021). Arbeitssituation und Gedanken an einen Berufsausstieg: GuK-C19-Studie: Gesundheits- und Krankenpflege während der COVID 19-Pandemie in Österreich. Procare, 26 (6-7), 50 – 52. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00735-021-1378-6